5 Signs of Persona 5…or 4-2.
Several weeks ago the Persona Team and Atlus teased that a major Persona related announcement was going to take place on November 24th. The common speculation from forum users and bloggers was that this announcement will indeed be Persona 5, but now signs are leading me to think that it is actually a reveal for Persona 5 AND for a Persona 4 sequel, perhaps keeping “Persona 4” in its title. Here’s 5 pieces of proof to get fans of this cult series excited before tomorrow’s unveiling.
1) Destructoid.com revealed this past Summer that Persona 5 was no longer a secret by stating “Index Corporation registered a domain for the prospective title on June 25, 2013”
2) Atlus released a teaser site showing a baby’s ultrasound with the heading “Atlus Center for New Releases” and if you look on the left hand side, we can see the words “Persist 5” and “Gold 4” maybe teasing at Persona 5 and another Persona 4 Golden game.
3) Gematsu.com announced that the Persona magazine would return in December which ran issues between 2011-2012. The new issue is titled #Re:birth.
4) Allgamesbeta.com revealed that the “Voice of Nanako Dojima Lists ‘Persona 4, Vol. 2’ and ‘Golden 2 Persona 4’ in resume'”
5) Niconicovideo.jp has a live stream countdown that resembles the midnight channel that will reveal the newest Persona project tomorrow at 8pm.
The Niconico stream and even the Atlus teaser site shows Persona 4 character, Teddie. Could this be proof that we’re getting a new Persona 4 rather than Persona 5? If so, what console/consoles would the game launch for? The original Persona 4 released for PS2 in 2008, the HD remake Persona 4 Golden released in 2012 for the PS Vita, and finally a fighting game sequel Persona 4 Arena launched in 2012 for the PS3 and 360.
However, the Persona Team has developed quite a relationship with Nintendo, releasing a few Shin Megami Tensei games, including the incredible Shin Megami Tensei 4. In January Nintendo announced that a crossover between their Fire Emblem series and Atlus’ Shin Megami Tensei series was being developed for the WiiU. This crossover is a sign of a close relationship with Nintendo, thus making it likely to see the next Persona game on the 3DS. The WiiU may be a long shot, but after seeing Nintendo attempt to bring the series with a crossover game on the console makes me think otherwise. It’s tough to tell, but we only have to wait one more day.